P.O. Box 949
Sharon, PA 16146
Barbara Seman Ochs
After teaching in rural high schools in Western Pennsylvania, Barb joined what was then the law firm of Evans, Garvey & Lackey in 1987 as a law clerk while attending law school in the evening. After graduation, she stayed on as the law firm’s first female lawyer and became a partner in 1997, changing the firm name to Evans, Garvey, Lackey & Ochs. She concentrates on family matters, employment, civil litigation, estate litigation, and school law. She is also trained in Collaborative Law and is a certified mediator in divorce and family conflicts.
For more information regarding Collaborative Law click here.
Public speaking is a favorite of Barb’s, particularly on estate planning and to high school students about the consequences of adulthood. She and her husband, Tom, have two sons, both of whom are officers in the United States Air Force.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Employment Law
- Child Custody
- Child/Spousal Support
- Estate Planning/Wills
- Estate Litigation
- School Law
- Collaborative Law
- Duquesne University School of Law – J.D. (1988)
- Clarion State College – B.S. (1979)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Mercer County Bar Association
- Mercer County Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Professionals of Northwestern Pennsylvania
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Northwestern Legal Services
- Member of Board of Directors 1993-Present
- Board President 2018 – 2021